Schoolhouse - Senna Designs

Monday, December 29, 2008

Schoolhouse






I created an one room school house from Corona's Orchid dollhouse kit. I 'bashed' the kit a little by eliminating the second floor and the downstairs interior wall. I also added different trim to the exterior and interior. The inspiration for this school house came from an article I read in one of my miniature magazines. I had started building this dollhouse several years ago but lost interest in it. When I read the article I knew this house would be perfect for such a scene.
There are a few things that I need to finish, such as, the stove, curtains, door, adding pictures to the walls, making books and a bookshelf and figuring out what I would like to do with the outside. If you have any suggestions let me know.

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring.

    I love this schoolhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try putting in a book shelf, and giving the desk a natural look, like oak.

    ReplyDelete