Grandma's house- miniature version - Senna Designs

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Grandma's house- miniature version

I spent a lot of time at my grandparents when I was a child. After my grandpa's passing I wanted to create a room box of their kitchen, as this is where we spent most of our time. I can still remember my grandpa sitting at his special place at the table and my grandma slaving over the store making one of her many, delicious suppers! It took me years to complete the room box because of time restraints but I can happily say that I think I'm complete! I actually completed it just in time to showcase it at my grandma's funeral. It was a huge hit!


Started w/the outside; Family pictures at my grandparent's over the years


In progress- Photo of my Grandpa and niece at the kitchen table. Starting to looks so real!
My grandpa taught me how to color so a coloring book and crayons on the table were a must!

Walking into the kitchen; I always remembered the duck on the counter holding pens and bills, the family tree plaques and antlers above my grandpa's chair, some type of pie or baked good being prepped for baking on the counter, green Kool-Aid was always made in the waiting in the frig, my grandpa's inhailer always on the window sill by his chair at the table, the latest family photos stuck in the trim behind my Grandpa's chair, the rug that my Grandpa had to have under his feet when sitting at the table and the most important- cards on the table from the hundreds of crazy 8 games that were played!

The retro metal sink and dumplings cooking on the stove (a family fav!)

My grandparents only source of heat! This was also grandma's favorite way of cooking. Notice the huge burn mark on the floor- that was Grandma- she dropped the stove cover one day! Opps!

Top view of the entire roombox

My grandpa and his annual growing of his amaryllis. Notice it on the table!

My grandparents! My Inspiration! Miss them dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment