Summer Project! - Senna Designs

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Summer Project!

Every summer I try and tackle a larger project with a goal to have it complete by Labor Day. This year I succeeded! I even tried my hand at something new... wood working. Although I didn't build the cabinet (rummage sale find), I did strip 3-4 layers of paint off and puttied over numerous imperfections.
This cabinet was re-purposed with my daughter in mind. As a child I always loved a similar cabinet my cousin had and wished I could have one of my own. Now my daughter gets to live out my dream! Maybe someday she'll realize the true meaning behind why I refinished it for her.
I wouldn't have added the "sparkles" and rainbow nobs but my daughter loves anything rainbow and insisted they be included on her new dresser. I'm glad I pushed through my hesitation as I believe it looks great and it also completes the dresser and makes it hers.



No comments:

Post a Comment