HELP - Senna Designs

Tuesday, July 28, 2009


I am wondering what everyone uses to glue down paper items, such as paper wallpaper, paper flooring, etc. I use spray adhesive and it always bubbles after it dries. HELP! 


  1. Hi! I tend to use real wallpaper and wood that can be glued with sturdier stuff, but I've heard that the gluesticks work just fine with paper wallpapers and other things like that. Just the ordinary sticks from the paper-shops that is. The glue there is not that wet, so it will not soak the material too much.

  2. I rub Elmer's glue sticks on real thick but sometimes the wall/floor paper peels off. Then I reinforce with double-sided Scotch tape. I don't like this method one bit though.

    It's funny how spray adhesive is giving you grief because I just purchased Elmer's Craft Bond Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive several weeks ago to use on wall/floor paper after seeing it on someone else's blog. I haven't had a chance to try it out. Maybe spreading the glue out with our fingers after spraying it on will help eliminate air bubbles??

    Good luck, Rachel! Please let me know when you find something that works.


  3. I use Aleene's Tacky glue for most things. But I have also used wallpaper paste that I bought at a miniature store and it worked very well. I put the glue or paste on the wall not on the paper as I tend to rip the paper.

  4. i've used ordinary wallpaper paste before and it worked very well. another alternative is double sided tape - i use it for most things as it's dry and easily removable.

  5. One of the owners at my local miniature store told me to use the 3M spray on adhesive used for car trim. You can find it at your local NAPA or Pep Boys or someplace like that. He also suggested attaching the wallpaper to poster board that you have cut to the size you need and attach the posterboard with Elmer's or something, that way you just remove the posterboard if you want to change your wallpaper. You don't have to scrape off the old wallpaper. Hope this helps!